Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Usain Bolt, what do you think these legends have in common?
Legends may come in all shapes and sizes. Famous or not famous, these are people who stood up for something. Their values helped shape other people’s lives. You could be this someone!
In dragon boating, when that someone drives the team for results, gets everyone together and inspires the team, I would consider that person a legend.
What else do you think these legends have in common? Another answer is, they all have coaches. They wouldn’t be the greatest if they didn’t have that someone who pushed them, someone who made sure they know what they are doing, someone who kept them on track to reach your goals. We may not see it, but your skill is not inherited. It was gained with hard work, patience, time, and someone who gives you a little push, and I believe, that would be your team mates, and your coach.
Sports Hub-SDBA Century Dragon Boat Race
Sports Hub, Kallang Basin
The dragon boat race season opens and kicks off with the Century Race. This is the 2nd year of this race and is part of the Sports Hub community play day and features a charity segment with the DB Hearts Challenge.
For those who have signed up, we look forward to seeing you at training and in the boat!
Regular and Race Training
Wednesday – 6.30 a.m.
Saturday – 2.45 p.m.
Sunday – 9 a.m.
Wednesday morning session and Sunday race training will be based on sign ups.
2.45pm @ the cage on Saturday!
Some reminders for this week:
1. Membership fees are due before the AGM. Please let Aoife or Ali know if you have paid.
2. Due to work and personal commitments, a lot of committee members will be away over the next few weeks. Let’s try to make it easy for whoever organising training. Please sign up early, arrive on time, pay ahead of training on Waave or bank transfer.
3. Please message Gaelic group chat(Whatsapp) if you’re running late to make sure your message is seen.
4. Regulars, please help out when you’re at the cage. Make sure eskis are filled, help newbies get the right size vest and paddle, get the boats ready and get the warm up started.
Gaelic Dragons Bootcamp – Mobility and Strength
Find us at The Promontory @ Marina Bay (under the giant fans – message Gaelic Dragons or Alina Rusu on Facebook for directions)7:30pm till 8:30pm, every Tuesday.
How much? $5 for PAYG members, and free for subscription members! What to bring? a yoga mat, water, towel and a shitload of enthusiasm!
Join the quiz master for a wizardly night this coming Thursday! Bring your family, friends, colleagues, your significant other and enjoy the night of fun, a pint (or bucket) of beer and even some spells and magic!
Time for us to review what happened and what we accomplished last year, and find out what’s coming this new season. Just a few days left to our AGM, please send in your nominations by Friday, 9th February.
Why you should attend the AGM….
– We will review year 2017, this includes updates of our team resources
– We will share what events and races to look forward to this 2018
– You will get to vote for that Gaelic you think deserves to be seated on the committee(Provided, they will be willing to commit to the role, and, a paid Gaelic member of course!).
– You will celebrate the new season with our sponsor pub, The Penny Black, and get a head start to be the next biggest spender for 2018.
The meeting agenda has been emailed to you by Aoife, along with the nomination guidelines and details. Please send Aoife a message if you didn’t receive the email.
Save the dates!
Fun Races & Upcoming Social Events
We have updated race dates, and do plan ahead.
Sports Hub – SDBA Dragon Boat Century Race
Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival
May 26-27 / June 2-3
DBS Marina Regatta
Singapore Dragon Boat Festival
AustCham 5k and 10k Challenge
36th Singapore River Regatta
Fun Races & Upcoming Events
Gaelic Dragons Annual General Meeting (AGM)
American Dragons Bar Olympics
Paddy’s Day Paddle and Newbie Day
St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Gaelics, we need your help!
For the past newsletter issues, we have been calling the Gaelics to submit stories or articles to be featured and published on our Gaelic Dragons website. We are still encouraging you guys to write for our newsletter and we would be very delighted to receive it.
To submit, please email it to email@example.com.
Are you enjoying our newsletter this year so far? Or you have found something that we needed to improve? Please fill this Google feedback form for us to know what we need to improve.